cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Thumbprint Pop Up While connecting to Wifi

rockysandhu
Level 1
Level 1

We are having issue while connecting to Wifi. We are using cisco ise for authentication.

While connecting to wifi it pop up and says "thumbprint server xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"  and when we click on connect again its connected. This issue is happening on random users.

In LAN we dont see this pop up.

Any suggestion ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have seen this before, but only when using wired connections and windows 10 hosts. From my experience this means that your end node does not trust the server side certificate that is presented. However, it could be one of several things. I would check the following:
Is the certificate that is being presented trusted on the end node?
How is your supplicant configured? Verify those settings to ensure you are properly configured to trust your server side certificate.
Attempt to identify common trends between identified issues.
Questions:
What OS are you seeing this on?
Do you only see this on first(initial) connection to wifi attempt and never again?
What do you see in ISE logs?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have seen this before, but only when using wired connections and windows 10 hosts. From my experience this means that your end node does not trust the server side certificate that is presented. However, it could be one of several things. I would check the following:
Is the certificate that is being presented trusted on the end node?
How is your supplicant configured? Verify those settings to ensure you are properly configured to trust your server side certificate.
Attempt to identify common trends between identified issues.
Questions:
What OS are you seeing this on?
Do you only see this on first(initial) connection to wifi attempt and never again?
What do you see in ISE logs?

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: