cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Thumbprint Pop Up While connecting to Wifi

rockysandhu
Level 1
Level 1

We are having issue while connecting to Wifi. We are using cisco ise for authentication.

While connecting to wifi it pop up and says "thumbprint server xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"  and when we click on connect again its connected. This issue is happening on random users.

In LAN we dont see this pop up.

Any suggestion ?

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of Windows are you seeing this? If I have to guess, you may have more than one RADIUS server with different EAP certificate and whenever user connects to one of the wireless network served by WLC using initial RADIUS server moves to the wireless network serviced by different WLC using different RADIUS server Windows supplicant may be complaining that the RADIUS server certificate doesn't match even though the SSID name is same as before. If that is the case, one fix would be to use identical certificate on all RADIUS servers.

We are using windows 10 and this error suddenly started.

Yeah you are right we have two Radius with different-2 certificates.

we tried removing one Radius from HA, now all clients are pointed to only one radius but still same error.

I would validate the thumbprint values users are getting to the certificates that you are using on the two servers to see if it is one of your own. If not, I would investigate to see if there is a mis-configuration or possible rogue AP broadcasting the same SSID.

Have you removed extra certs from the endpoints? Clients will ask the user which credentials to use if they have multiple to offer