Helpful
Replies

Unknown NAD for Security Scaning Server

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

ISE v2.3

We recently installed a Vulnerability Scanning server/virtual machine for PCI compliance stuff and ISE gave me a few warnings on days we ran scans.

It appears ISE is reporting the server IP Address as an Unknown Network Access Device. Is this normal?

The port where the VMware server is connected is not setup for ISE, so I'm also curious how ISE even knows about it as well..?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This is the normal behavior I have seen with other scanners, so I would treat it as normal, as ISE is port scanned it think's that a NAD was attempting to communicate with it, but that NAD has not yet been added to the network devices DB. This alarm is also triggered if the radius secret key a NAD is using is not the same as configured in ISE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This is the normal behavior I have seen with other scanners, so I would treat it as normal, as ISE is port scanned it think's that a NAD was attempting to communicate with it, but that NAD has not yet been added to the network devices DB. This alarm is also triggered if the radius secret key a NAD is using is not the same as configured in ISE.

Thanks for the explanation!

-Matt
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: