cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from ISE 2.2 to 2.3 - yes or no?

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi Forum

I am a few weeks before go-live and I have ISE 2.2 patch 2 in a fully distributed deployment.  So far the only services I am running are Sponsored Guest Portal and TACACS+.   Since I am not live yet, I can take the opportunity to upgrade to 2.3. 

Just curious about the outcome of the 2.3 beta - I saw a bunch of issues that beta users found - were they all resolved?

My fear is that I upgrade to 2.3 and then suddenly something very basic (this is working in 2.2p2) is broken.  I don't have the time to test 2.3 in that level of detail.  And there are features in 2.3 that I would like to have.

If I read the release notes of 2.3 I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling - but that is true about any release.

If there is anyone who has made the leap to 2.3 GA release, have you found any show stoppers that would make you wish you'd stayed on 2.2 ?

thanks

Arne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies 4

Greetings,

We run 2.2P2 and I have 2.3 on a test VM. So far stuff seems to work, but have not tested a lot. I was looking forward to the hierarchical rules, but that's a bit of a let down since you can still only have 1 outcome.

What new features were you looking at and I can see if we use them.

Hi Dustin

The TACACS wildcard feature will be useful to us.  And also the Remember-Me MAB auth thing where the username is shown in the Operations Live Logs instead of the MAC Address (I have not seen this mentioned explicitly but recall someone on this forum saying it would be fixed - but the Radius messages still contain MAC address in User-Name (which is a shame).

The improved reporting may be nice too.

I ran the URT on Friday on my production to see what would happen - and it failed.  Opened a TAC case.

Arne,

For the list of known, outstanding issues in ISE 2.3, please see the Release Notes for Cisco Identity Services Engine, Release 2.3 - Cisco specifically Known Limitations and Cisco ISE, Release 2.3 Open Caveats.

TM13
Level 1
Level 1

Have you upgraded 2.2 to 2.3?