Views
Helpful
Replies

Want to install ISE on 3515

vijaysingh20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have purchased a Cisco SNS 3515 for ISE, I want to install ISE and configure that.

Do I need to install an image on this server?

What is the recommended software version for that?

Any documentation for doing that? 

Looking forward for your reply guys.. Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hopefully you've already looked at the Identity Services Engine (ISE) Community Resources and saw the convenient links to the ISE Installation and other guides:

2.4 RN Compatibility Admin Install - CLI -
2.3 RN Compatibility Admin Install API CLI -

Please follow the instructions in the Installation Guide for your appliance.

Also read Getting Started with ISE which includes a link to a YouTube video for doing the initial ISE configuration.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paul
Level 10
Level 10

Connect to the CIMC, mount the .iso for the ISE version you want to run and install ISE.  I would probably go right to 2.4, but not sure what you are trying to do.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SNS-3515 should have an ISE image pre-installed if it was ordered properly. If it was delivered recently it would most likely have ISE 2.3. 

If that's the case, bootstrap it per the ISE installation Guide and then upgrade it to 2.4 plus Patch 2 (currently).

If it's not the case then mount the ISE 2.4 IOS file as @paul suggested and install it.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hopefully you've already looked at the Identity Services Engine (ISE) Community Resources and saw the convenient links to the ISE Installation and other guides:

2.4 RN Compatibility Admin Install - CLI -
2.3 RN Compatibility Admin Install API CLI -

Please follow the instructions in the Installation Guide for your appliance.

Also read Getting Started with ISE which includes a link to a YouTube video for doing the initial ISE configuration.

Thank you all for your reply. It's been installed. Is there any way to save the config  after making the changes to the ISE. 

It seems you are asking about backups, so see Back Up Cisco ISE Configuration and Operational Data from the Primary Administration Node. If you have only a standalone ISE node, then just treat it as if a primary admin node.

Capricorn
Level 1
Level 1

I did it many times with older version for 1.4 OS. I downloaded the image from Cisco site. Burn it on DVD and just installed it. 

You can do upgrade directly from the ISE box using CLI or GUI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: