cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is Cisco's recommended ISE version, in regards to stability?

jeffaragon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are in a process of upgrading the version of ISE from 1.4 to latest stable version for a global customer. On current version of ISE 1.4 we have received an error message “ISE Failed Authe log 12953 WARN EAP: Received EAP packet” which is the bug and fixed from the version 2.0.

Do you know which is the current recommended stable version for CISCO ISE ?

Thanks

-Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to move into 7 minutes and 30 seconds from the start of the video and it discussed ISE Quality update.

Otherwise, see ISE upgrade from 1.3 to 2.1

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi hslai,

I checked out the pptx presentation, and listened to the video. The first 3rd is about the new feature set for v2.3, and the rest is about what will be expected for the next version, v2.4. This is not a specific recommendation for a know stable version, but instead a standard sales presentation. Which still leaves my question unanswered.

Can you address what Cisco recommends for a stable ISE 2.x version?

You need to move into 7 minutes and 30 seconds from the start of the video and it discussed ISE Quality update.

Otherwise, see ISE upgrade from 1.3 to 2.1

Hi hslai,

Thank you for that response. That is more specific and is something that I can bring to the table. Can you respond again so I can mark your answer as correct. That choice disappeared after I sent this repy.

Thanks

-Jeff

Is there a link that works?

The link for EN SEVT - Policy Strategy with ISE doesn't have a valid url anymore.

Hi John,

See the link here called "ISE upgrade from 1.3 to 2.1". Hslai had put this link in earlier in the thread, which is a thread hslai had answered with a detailed explanation. The link that failed for "EN SEVT - Policy Strategy with ISE", was working earlier, but seems to be no longer working now, as I just tried it again now without success. But this other link below is still working and answered the question for me.

ISE upgrade from 1.3 to 2.1

Hope this helps.

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I know about the 1.3 to 2.1 upgrade guide. I was really trying find a guide about the 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 version comparison and was hoping that I could get some insight from the video. I guess, I will look at some cisco Live events and see if I can find the info.

Thanks for the input,

john

Right now it really comes down to what features do the customer want? This info can be found In The releases notes

If they are fine with 2.1 then upgrade to that and stabilize the environment

Once they have a need for 2.2 or 2.3 then upgrade again or when 2.1 becomes EOS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: