Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IE2000-8TC-G Profinet Topology port assign issue

telmoferraria
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm doing some HW configuration on TIA V17 with 1 CISCO IE200-OTC-G connected an IFM ASI Master Module. Everything works more or less ok. 

telmoferraria_0-1679675761731.png

But when I try to make the topology on TIA, the CISCO never become green, the port looks doesn't recognize the partner.

telmoferraria_1-1679675783190.png

The GSD that I have maybe is not the updated one? GSDML-V2.32-Cisco-IE2000-20181107 Someone could help?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Albert Mitchell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the GSD files for the IE switches are specific to IOS SW releases.   its possible the GSD file you have installed for the IE2000 is not correct for actual release. 

you can find the GSD file for teh IE2000 in the release directory on the IE2000.   the IOS SW release is stored in a directory on the Flash: or SDFlash: file system (depending which is being used to boot the IE2000). 
assume its the Flash:, then a 'dir flash:' will show the directory of the SW release. 

then a  'dir flash:<release version>' will show all files associated with the release, which includes the '.bin' file which is the actual IOS binary image.    look for GSD file in the release dir.

hope this helps.

if not, make sure LLDP is enabled.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Albert Mitchell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the GSD files for the IE switches are specific to IOS SW releases.   its possible the GSD file you have installed for the IE2000 is not correct for actual release. 

you can find the GSD file for teh IE2000 in the release directory on the IE2000.   the IOS SW release is stored in a directory on the Flash: or SDFlash: file system (depending which is being used to boot the IE2000). 
assume its the Flash:, then a 'dir flash:' will show the directory of the SW release. 

then a  'dir flash:<release version>' will show all files associated with the release, which includes the '.bin' file which is the actual IOS binary image.    look for GSD file in the release dir.

hope this helps.

if not, make sure LLDP is enabled.

telmoferraria
Level 1
Level 1

The GSD in use were downloaded from the CISCO IE2000 equipment itself. Yes the LLDP is activated.

The port become with the "maintenance key" but the diagnostics says everything ok and only message on the header with "error in lower-level equipment"

telmoferraria_0-1679912985475.png

telmoferraria_2-1679913079058.png

telmoferraria_1-1679913008237.png

Another note, this behavior occurs not only with IFM ASI Master, also when i connected a ET200ECO.

Albert Mitchell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

im not familiar enough with the Siemens mgmt tool to understand what the error could mean.

Is it possible for you access teh IE2000 CLI and look for issues the switch is reporting? 

if possible, please execute 'show tech'  on the CLI .  capture output and attach to your reply.

Thank you for the answer, in attachment i send the show tech output.
The result that i'm trying to obtain is the below, in this case with scalances switchs from siemens (forget the MRP config)

telmoferraria_0-1680085614815.png

Albert Mitchell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the attached 'show tech' output file was cut off.  the first half of the output is missing.  this is the important part. 

can you try again?   this time ensure to capture all the output text? 

there's alot of output.  if its too much, and you can't capture it all try "show tech | redirect Flash:showTechOut.txt"

this will create  a local text file which you can download.