Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

https://www.cisco.com/c/nl_nl/support/routers/interface-module-lorawan

Hello a question does someone know is this unit also working as a gateway say lake a repeater so to sent from on-site the 8xx signal to a 915 signal?

3 Replies 3

keholcom@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could certainly connect the IXM LoRaWAN gateway into an IR8xx via an Ethernet cable (ie. perhaps you want to take advantage of a cellular interface on the IR8xxx for backhaul).  But, on the LoRaWAN side, it would be used for sensor traffic (ie. small pieces of information; not streaming video or anything like that).  Is that what you are asking?

Hello no looking for a solution
Customer want to use an lora device which is build on an 8xx mhc network use on 915 mhc network

If I understand correctly, you have a sensor which operates in the 800MHz ISM band, but you want to "bridge" that to a 900MHz ISM band signal.  So, basically, 800MHz ISM on one side and 900MHz ISM on the other side.  Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect.

If what I wrote above is correct, this is not possible.  It would also cause regulatory problems.  Both the sensor and the gateway would need to conform to the frequency band that is legal in the given country.