Helpful
Replies

Technical issue/doubts on 2960X-24PS-L Ethernet Switch

AAKASHDEY09112
Level 1
Level 1

Dear CISCO Team,

Good Afternoon.

We are communicating W5500 ETHERNET IC through CISCO Ethernet Switch 2960X-24PS-L  in our IOT device for data transmission. But, Ethernet is not working with different Switch Configuration at all the time. The observations for Ethernet working with  different switch configuration is listed in the Document Attached. 

Kindly Please go through the document and let us know what could be the problem for which Ethernet working behavior is so with different configuration? 
Also, please confirm which switch configuration should I set  and What should I need to do/check in my code for proper working?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks. 
3 Replies 3

Albert Mitchell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you posted this query in the industrial networking community.  the C2960 is not a product under industrial networking.  C2960 is an Enterprise product.  you should try posting your query there

I can tell you this:  with the information you've provided, they will not be able to help trouble shoot your problem.  you're providing your observations, and what is really needed it actual output from the C2960 CLI.  

for each trial run you need to provide along with your observations

- show interface <gi1/0/x>

- show power inline <gi1/0/x>   (if not using PoE then never mind)

- show controller ethernet-controller  <gi1/0/x>

- show interface <gi1/0/x> counters

- show int <gi1/0/x> switchport

- show run int <gi1/0/x>

Sorry @Albert Mitchell as I am new on this forum. I am transferring this topic to Enterprise product section.

Also, thanks for feedback on my observation.

Thanks.

villerpeter6789
Level 1
Level 1

To switch technical issues/doubts on a Cisco 2960X-24PS-L Ethernet switch, you can follow the steps below:

1. Identify the issue: Determine the specific issue you are experiencing on the switch, such as network connectivity problems or configuration errors.

2. Troubleshoot the issue: Use Cisco documentation and resources to troubleshoot the issue. This may involve checking network configurations, testing connectivity, or verifying hardware functionality.

3. Seek assistance: If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, consider seeking assistance from a Cisco support representative or consulting with a network engineer.

As an example, if you want to test the speed of your internet connection in Orange Jordan, you can use the Orange Jordan Speed Test tool. This online tool allows you to check your download and upload speeds, as well as latency and packet loss. By using this tool, you can identify any potential issues with your internet connection and troubleshoot them accordingly.