Views
Helpful
Replies

TSN Support in Cisco IE Switches

dklippel.es
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am wondering which of the Cisco Switches are supporting TSN or are at least HW-ready for TSN.

Looking into the current portfolio, obviously only IE 4000 currently supports TSN.
As far as I remember from some Cisco Live events in the past they claimed that also IE5000 and IE4010 are HW-ready for TSN. 
Are there still any plans for these products ?

And what about the new IE3x00 series ? Looking into some presentations, at least the IE 3400 should support TSN.

Thanks,

Dieter

5 Replies 5

Albert Mitchell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello Dieter,

there are no short term plans to support TSN on the IE4010 and IE5000.

Cisco has the IE-3400 which is also HW ready to support TSN.

Dieter, are you and your company considering TSN?   for what types solutions are you considering TSN?  what about the IE4000 is not sufficient for your needs when it comes to TSN?

Dear All,

we have one question regarding the TSN support on IE 4000 switches.

All the models on IE 4000 family can support TSN?

There is a specific firmware version to install or the feature/functionality is already present on the last fw version [15.2.8E1(MD)]?

Thanks in advance for your infos.

Sincerely

hello,

all models in IE4000 family support  TSN.   however, TSN is only supported on the first 16 ports of the IE4000.

should be available on the latest FW version. 

are you seeing it is not supported on 15.2.8E1??

Friang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I am having problems configuring my switch for TSN. After loading "ie4000-universalk9-mz.152-7.E2.bin" then am I not seeing the "tsn_schedule.dat and /.bin" files when typing: <sh tsn fpga> and <sh tsn shadow>.

Does anyone have an answer to why this is? Is it not supposed to be included in the .bin file or do I need to collect it some where else?

(CISCO IE4000 16T4G-E V02)

the files related to TSN schedules will only appear after a schedule has been pushed to teh IE 4000 from the CNC.

have you enabled the correct license?   TSN requires you configure the license.  this turns on TSN features in the HW.  a reboot is required after configuring the license.  this is all documented in IE4000 TSN config guide.