Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE not joined in AD domain after upgrade from version 2.2.0 to 2.7.0

albertofdez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

After upgrading from version 2.2.0 Patch 13 to version 2.7.0 Patch 2, when I restart ISE 2.7.0 the Active Directory (External Identity Sources) window appears as "Not joined"

Just hitting join and entering the credentials again would be enough, but I have a question.

Is it necessary to delete the machine object in the Microsoft Ad that was created for Cisco ISE before joining again?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
No you do not need to delete the object in AD, you can just re-join ISE to the AD domain.

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,
No you do not need to delete the object in AD, you can just re-join ISE to the AD domain.

HTH

Hi,
Currently the Cisco ISE object in the AD is inserted in a specific OU, specifying the same path of the OU where it is currently is enough, is it correct?
Thanks.

You shouldn’t even need to specify the OU, just join it to the domain and it will use the existing object.

Hi guys,

Thank you very much everyone for your help and about you Rob.

Bye.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have seen some time this behaviour, so you rejoin back to AD ( make sure the user has enough rights to joine to AD).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The need to re-join (without the need to delete the AD-object) is also a documented in the upgrade-guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/upgrade_guide/Upgrade_Journey/PDF/b_ise_upgrade_guide_2_7_pdf/m_postupgradetasks.html#id_124359