Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePOWER 2130 SFP+ Port issues

RonLeet504990
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon everyone,

While attempting to configure one of our FP2130s for an offsite location connected into a Juniper through fiber only access, we discovered that our SFP ports are not engaging even when configured correctly. Doing a little more digging, I found that in ASDM the SFP slots are only listed as RJ-45 ports, and I do not have the option to change them to Fiber based, even though the 2130 is supposed to be compatible with 1G fiber SFPs (all of ours are Cisco Proprietary SFP transceivers). This is beginning to bug me as I cannot find any further information on how to resolve this. I have scoured the FXOS, all documents I can find, and even tried to search the forums to no avail.

So does anyone know how I can go about getting these turned on as Fiber ports, or do I have to work with Cisco about resolving this some other way, possibly with replacing these devices for models that do run Fiber capabilities? Even the lack of being able to create port-channels I discovered in the beginning stages of this build out really had me bothered as is.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

V/r

Ron

1 Reply 1

RonLeet504990
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to resolve this issue after extensive tests and verification with my Cisco Security contact. For anyone else that may run into this issue, in order to get your SFP ports to use Fiber based SFPs, they will have to be enabled within the Firepower FXOS eth-switch configuration. Once they are enabled on the FP end, they accept fiber and function as intended.