Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower using Smart License Satellite Server integration with SecureX

Madura Malwatte
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ben and Team,

Is there any way to make Firepower (6.4.0.4) which is set up to use the Smart Software Satellite server for licensing be integrated with SecureX?

Based on the integration guide it seems this is not possible in either integration scenario (syslog or direct):

"Your environment cannot be using a Cisco Smart Software Satellite server or be deployed in an air-gapped environment."

At the moment my customer is unable to change the existing license registration method to the cloud Smart Account. Based on this is there any option for them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ben.greenbaum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Madura Malwatte,

You can successfully use the syslog/CSSP connection type even with a Satellite server. I have already had the documentation updated to make this more clear, thanks to your question. 

Regards,

Ben

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Madura Malwatte
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @ben.greenbaum any chance you can confirm whether firepower using the Smart Software Satellite server for license registration can be integrated with SecureX?

ben.greenbaum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Madura,
On the 10th when you tagged me, I was on vacation. On the 11th when you tagged me again, I was still on vacation  
Now I'm back and I will look into this for you. 

You are probably referring to the line "Your environment cannot be using a Cisco Smart Software Satellite server or be deployed in an air-gapped environment."

That statement is in the sections on how to connect to SSE directly, and how to connect via CSSP. But I don't think it's a blocker for CSSP, and I am investigating with engineering. I will post here when I get to the bottom of it.

ben.greenbaum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Madura Malwatte,

You can successfully use the syslog/CSSP connection type even with a Satellite server. I have already had the documentation updated to make this more clear, thanks to your question. 

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben, awesome thanks for confirming and updating the documentation!