Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Freeradius (external Radius) on Cisco ISE

Hi,

I have the following question:

How can I integrating the Freeradius like an external Radius on Cisco ISE?

*This Freeradius it's configured with a database (postgres).

Is it possible to do that?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You go to Identity Management --> External Identity Sources. The main difference between defining the RADIUS server as an "external RADIUS server" or as an "external identity source", is that the external RADIUS server offers a full RADIUS-proxy functionality where all RADIUS attributes are passed back-and-forward to be mapped/changed, where the "external identity source" RADIUS is more like a toke-server functionality from which you receive just accept/reject, without complex authorization.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You define the FreeRADIUS server as an External RADIUS server. Here's a guide you could follow.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Cristian,

The indicated configuration worked well. Thank you so much!

I have another question, Is it possible use the FreeRADIUS as External Indentity Sources? If yes, how I can configure and test that?

Best Regards,

Hi,

You go to Identity Management --> External Identity Sources. The main difference between defining the RADIUS server as an "external RADIUS server" or as an "external identity source", is that the external RADIUS server offers a full RADIUS-proxy functionality where all RADIUS attributes are passed back-and-forward to be mapped/changed, where the "external identity source" RADIUS is more like a toke-server functionality from which you receive just accept/reject, without complex authorization.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.