cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 - Adding external source ( AD groups to Identity groups)

tiki_turtle
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to consolidate groups from AD into logical groups on ISE. However, I can't seem to find a way to do this at all. I am migrating from ACS and see identity groups / group mapping settings that I can apply to authZ policies...but cannot find anything anywhere to help me do the same in ISE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I'm not sure I'm getting your point.
When you are in the active directory external identity source, you can add a group from your AD which can be used them in your authorization rules within your policy sets.

Can you share what your trying to reproduce from your acs and i may be able to provide screenshots on how to do it on ise tomorrow?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco - I am trying to group the AD groups that  I have added to ISE into other logical groups. ( ie I take acme.com/administrators and acme.com/NOC and make a new group on the ISE called netadmins comprised of these two groups

If it's for an authorization profile, you'll need to create a condition with OR conditions and these 2 groups.

You can't create a logical group and add AD groups.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: