Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adhoc Reporting

Adhoc Reporting

I'm trying to create a report that shows Service Name (with a filter showing specific services), Requisition ID, StartDate, Due Date, Close Date, Task Name (with a filter for specific tasks), Task Status, and Performer.  Seems simple right?  Not so far.  Unfortunately, I can't combine the report using Service Name and Task Name. What am I doing wrong or is it that its not possible?

8 Replies 8

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Elizabeth,

Do you need authorization tasks to show in this report as well?  If so do you use departmental authorizations, service authorizaitons and financial or just one of the three? 

Lastly, what I'm sure you've found is the difficulty getting the specific tasks that were routed for a specific service that was requested on a specific requisition.  To do this you'll need to make use of the RequisitionEntryID.  This is the only key between those three areas.<

Song Bac Toh
Level 1
Level 1

James is right.  Assuming that you are looking at Delivery Tasks, you need to pull in ServiceTaskFact --> RequisitionEntryID. 

You can the get Service Name from the Service dimension and the Task Name from the Service Task fact.

The parameters, StartDate, Due Date, Close Date, that you need, are they at the Service Request level or Service Task level?

Song

both....they need the status of the service and the status of the task.

fields needed:  service name, requisition id, service status, service start date, service due date, service closed date, task name, task status, performer first and last name, task due date, task completed date, task actual duration.

is this possible?

I've added the requisitionentryid from servicetaskfact and I'm getting an error message.

An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlOpenResult' status='-28'.

What am I doing wrong??  Is this even possible?

fields needed:  service name, requisition id, service status,

I have done this is ReportDesigner by designing a master-detail report with the Service as the master and the task as the detail.

Song Bac Toh
Level 1
Level 1

Master-detail works. 

Alternatively, you can use ReportDesigner (Report Studio) with 2 lists, one at the Service Request level and another at the Service Task level.  These 2 lists can be driven by a list of Requisition Entry IDs.

The design that I am thinking about is to use cascading prompt - User is prompted to choose one or more Service Name to report on, which then generate a list of Requisition Entry IDs in the system.  Simply select all on the Requisition Entry IDs, and

Song Bac Toh
Level 1
Level 1

Try importing this XML report definition into your ReportDesigner, using the Tools->Open Report from Clipboard option (copy the content onto clipboard first).

It's one of our development drafts.  It does not have the prettiest the UI but you can play with it.  Let me know if it works.

Song/Leslie,

Thank you!  I did get it to work using report designer.  I'll look at the .xml and let you know.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card