Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone using JAWS?

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone using JAWS with TES6? We're an ex TIR shop and we need to produce some MIS on the automation systems.

Somewhat curiously all the installation docs and indeed the sample video produced by Cisco reference CA Autosys.

I'd be interested to hear the verdict from anyone who has actually implemented JAWS.

Cheers

5 Replies 5

I have used it with TES 6.1

I remember there was installation doc specific to TES

Are you specifically looking for something ?

I can probably guess my way through the setup  but when the installation guide I downloaded from Cisco tells me to run procedures against my Autosys instance I get a little concerned.

If you can find that TIDAL specific doc I'd be interested. Otherwise I might be able to build my own system using SAS or Cognos or something.

And I quote:

"

Pre-Installation Checklist
1. Gather AutoSys/CA7 environment information:
You’ll need to gather certain information regarding the size of your AutoSys/CA7 environment in
preparation for answering questions posed to you by JAWS during installation. To do this:
Run the following queries against your AutoSys instance(s):

"

Its very reassuring. :)

lol :)

I will search and get my copy for you. I don't have it handy at the moment 

Can you share the link from where you downloaded it? I just checked the latest JAWS 5.3.3 docs and it refers to TES.

Pre-Installation Checklist
1. Gather TES environment information:
You’ll need to gather certain information regarding the size of your TES environment in preparation
for answering questions posed to you by JAWS during installation. To do this:
Specifically, you'll need to know how many job executions per day exist across all
TES instances you will be adding, as well as how many months of historic data you'd
like to maintain in the JAWS database

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283340354&softwareid=283343734&release=5.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: