cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication Issue Tidal 6.2.1 Client

trombleyn
Level 1
Level 1

While attempting to login to the Tidal 6.2.1 Java Client, I am unable to do so as it just flashes and clears the password field out, however if I check the master logs I am receiving the following entry:

09/11 10:41:33:432[176:RpcServer Session]: (mem=1244562280/2141716480) ServerNode: Unable to authenticated user with error unauthorizeduser

We are using Active Directory security and have configured it successfully in our Development environment.

I am also not able to access the Web Client version either. I have attached a screenshot of each. Web Client just shows System Initializing and System Logs. The above authentication error only logs when I attempt to go through the Java Client...the Web Client just continues to log the entries seen in the screenshot. 

The only outstanding different between our Development & Test environments would be that we have a master backup (failover) configuration for the Test instance. I am seeing entries in the Master log stating Unable to connect to node run in PM mode on XXXXXXXX (server). 

Thoughts? 

1 Reply 1

Not sure if you got your issue resolved, if so please share here since this area is always helpful to new and experienced users alike.

In case you still haven't, just taking a stab here since its hard to answer without seeing you actual environment and how you did the upgrade what instance you used or copying configuration from:

• Did you verify that the AD user you are using to authenticate Tidal user is correct and has correct password.  Did you populate the configuration files in the master and CM correctly?  For example here is mine :

Security.Authentication=ActiveDirectory
ActiveDirectory.Host=ourADserver
ActiveDirectory.Port=389
ActiveDirectory.UserSearchPrefix=DC=ourdomain,DC=pvt
ActiveDirectory.GroupSearchPrefix=DC=ourdomain,DC=pvt

or if using SSL, to authenticate:

Security.Authentication=ActiveDirectory
ActiveDirectory.Host=OurADserver
ActiveDirectory.Port=636
ActiveDirectory.UserSearchPrefix=DC=ourdomain,DC=pvt
ActiveDirectory.GroupSearchPrefix=DC=ourdomain,DC=pvt
LDAP.ForceBindingLogin=CN=ourADuser,OU=Security Groups,DC=ourdomain,DC=pvt
LDAP.BindPassword=##########
Security.SSL.enabled=Y
Security.SSL.trustStore=/ourfullpath/store.jks
Security.SSL.trustStorePassword=#######

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: