Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto restart the tidal agent when it goes down

dixit72421
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an automation in which if a tidal agent goes down then it should be up automatically. Here, i am talking about to be happened in unix.

will be notified by an email that the agent goes down--- that can be simply done; need to just start the agent automatically. Please help me here.

i will really appreciate your help here. thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Dixit

5 Replies 5

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

We do this with an external Enterprise monitoring tool.

That being said, with most solaris or linux systems the agent can be run as a service which should restart itself automatically.Its entirely configurable. You just need to define the restart as the recovery response.

Agree with Joe. The external monitoring tools will also provide options for the alerts you are looking for

Thanks Joe and Dinesh,

You just need to define the restart as the recovery response.

Joe, do you mean need to create a script here? can you please elaborate this?

The external monitoring tools will also provide options for the alerts you are looking for

Dinesh, External monitoring tools like what? and here i got the alert for Tidal agent down. so that is not my concern. 

On windows you run the agent as a service so you just configure the service to restart automatically in the event of failure.

You can do a similar thing on solaris using svc (if you use that operating system).

Otherwise a product like Tivoli, OpenView, Uptime, SolarWinds, BMC, there are many others, can be configured to run checks on the agent to ensure its functioning and execute a restart script when it fails.

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4