cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalog Deployer Problem: Error Persisting Category

derevan
Level 4
Level 4

After upgrading to 9.4, I am not able to deploy any 9.4 compatible packages that include categories with an image stored for  the "Presentation" tab. It correctly populates the DefCategory table, but does not update the DefDocument table with the image and I get a CD error "Error Persisting Category". If I remove the <PresentationElement> part of the CD XML, it works fine. To test, I created 2 new categories, one with an image and the other without. I exported both, then tried to import back into the same system. The one without the image worked fine, the one with image failed.

There are no errors in the server log, and a SQL trace looks normal. Turning logging up to DEBUG also did not reveal anything of interest.

Anyone have a clue to what might be going on?

PS. I tried applying both the 3F and 2L patches without success.

2 Replies 2

Ben Evans
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah.  I have the same issue.  Applying the 4d patch and that did not help either.  I have a ticket in to Cisco for this and other Catalog Deployer issues.

TAC has already reported the defect for the same issue/ CDETS: https://cdetsng.cisco.com/webui/#view=CSCud63044

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: