Views
Helpful
Replies

Choosing Escalation Tiers

Chris Morris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Choosing Escalation Tiers

In the book it says that you can choose which Escalation Tiers you want to use, but there are no examples anywhere of how to do it?

Is it simply entering the numbers of the Tiers and separating them with commas? (2,3,5,8)

Is it 0-based or 1-based?  For example, does the first Tier start as 0 or 1?

5 Replies 5

Hi Chris,

I apologize for the lack of clarity in the documentation. The number that you enter for Escalation Tiers determines how many of the tiers you will use, and not which tiers you will use.

The escalation structure that you configure is a set of sequential notifications. For example, I may have configured a 4-tier structure as follows:

• Tier 1: 1 hour after the due date is breached
  • Tier 2: 8 hours following Tier 1
  • Tier 3: 8 hours following Tie

That is correct. We have only the one set of authorization escalation notifications per service, and only the ability to select the number of tiers. We cannot select individual tiers such as 2,3,5,8.

I have some confusion here as well.  But for each tier you can specify when they kick off.  So for tier 1 it could be set to fire at 0+ hours after being late (ours seems to run on the hour).  Then tier 2 could be at 2 hours later and have a different set of people being notified.  Then Tier 3 could be 1 or how ever many hours after that.

If the notifications are different for the tiers do the people in the previous tiers also get notified?

Also how does the persons or queues normal business

Chris Morris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, that tells me that there is no way to have multiple authorizations use different escalation paths?  For example, if one authorization has a 1 hour escalation and another one has 3 hours before escalating?