cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cscript.exe

Sue.Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

My Orchestration server constantly displays the following cscript error.  I'm unable to see the corresponding PID to determine the process.  Even if I do find the process, how will I work out the CPO process that is causing this issue.  I'm new to CPO and can't see any obvious Execution Scripts for vbs in the CPO library.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Faulting application name: cscript.exe, version: 5.8.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504e52

Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18438, time stamp: 0x57ae642e

Exception code: 0xc0000142

Fault offset: 0x00000000000ecdd0

Faulting process id: 0x52ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d29bb61f0e3f5c

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe

Faulting module path: USER32.dll

Report Id: 5cc1f202-07a9-11e7-80c4-005056a0cbc7

Faulting package full name:

Thanks

Sue.

3 Replies 3

Tuan Tran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sue,

Have you checked the views under Operations to see which process instance failed at the time the exception was raised?  Which version of CPO are you running by the way?

-Tuan

Thanks Tuan for getting back to me.  The Operations screen displays no errors.  I can't find any scripts executing using .vbs.  I had a similar experience with SCOM where some of the back-end scripts for monitoring were created in .vbs.  I'm just wondering perhaps one of the Cisco Orchestrator process activities use .vbs at the backend.  The Application Log is just full of these errors so it's even hard to identify the timings.  I'm leaning towards a patch update perhaps, more an OS issue.  I will investigate further but in the interim if you have any pointers, I will be grateful.

thanks

Sue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounded like you had some processes triggered to run which led to this error.  But, you don't know which process that is.

The "Operations\Activity Views\View Started" view shows no error?  Perhaps the processes are not archived.

Another option is to go to the "Operations\Process Views\View Started" and look at the "Last Start Time" column to see if you can find the process that was last run at the time you got the exception.

FYI, any of the following 3 script activities executed VBS internally.

* Execute Windows Command

* Execute Windows Script

* Execute Windows PowerShell Script

These activities used the launcher VBScript to run 1 of those 3 scripts (bat, vbs, & ps1).

Can you run the "Diagnostic Utility in Start\All Programs\Cisco\Cisco Process Orchestrator" Start folder to collect log files and send it to me?  Alternatively, you can open a ticket with Cisco Support team to investigate the issue.

-Tuan