cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWOM

1jcbway
Level 1
Level 1

Does the current release of Cisco Workload Optimization Manager (Turbonomics) support CloudCenter? I do not see any evidence of this today. If not, is there a target date for support?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
It’s kinda of funny because it does support

Cloud Managers
Cloud Managers provide a layer of control to deliver virtual infrastructures that can be deployed automatically, or in a self-service offering to customers. They define and manage virtual datacenters (VDCs) — provider VDCs to manage the physical and virtual resources that support the cloud offering, and consumer VDCs that present limited resources to customers.
Workload Optimization Manager supports the following cloud manager targets:  Apache CloudStack
 Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
 VMware vCloud Director
 OpenStack Cloud Operating System

Correct - seems to be a good number of products supported but not CloudCenter today. Hence my question on a target date that Cisco may add this support. 

I would assume it would be next year sometime. Let me see if I can find out more.

I just realized that was for the VMs not the app. Couldn’t find out anything from my Cisco contact. Hopefully someone from Cisco chimes in.

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5

Hmm, it's interesting. It looks like it's supported already. I was playing around in the dCloud demo and found this.

CWOM CliQr.jpg

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
Not sure if you saw this port in the support forums. Looks like the CloudCenter will be added at a later date.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/tidal-enterprise-scheduler/announcing-general-availability-of-cwa-6-3-2-release/m-p/3214241#M2765

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card