Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Retrieval Rule Clarifications

Is it possible to have a data retrieval rule in which the where clause should process a condition with a multi-value field

For example, I have a field for departments and the values are Analyst, Developers, Testers, Admins

Is it possible for me to pass an indirect arguement such as departments[1] to get the details for developers?

SELECT * FROM tblDivisions where department = #dictionaryname.fieldname#[1]

instead of

SELECT * FROM tblDivisions where department = 'Developers'

Also, I am displaying the result of a data retrieval rule as checkboxes and they are available vertically even if I changed it as Horizontal in the display properties of the form. Is there any way to have the resultant checkboxes horizontally?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3

sotoh
Level 1
Level 1

Looking at the queries you provided, it seems to me you want to pass an argument to a Data Retrieval Rule using a dictionary field.  That is part of the product feature.

I am not sure where the "multi-value" field comes in.  You can pass any value via the dictionary field to be used by your DDR, and the example you gave only requires passing in a single value in the dictionary field.  Does this address your question?

Hi Song,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, as you mentioned, we can only pass a dictionary field in the where clause.

My doubt is - what if the dictionary field contains multiple values?

My requirement is: When loading the form, I need to pull a list of values such as the company names (Adobe, MicroSoft, IBM, Cisco) from the backend table [this is done].

The products associated to these companies are also available on the backend table. They have to be fetched and displayed in the subsequent fields. So, i need to pass the list of companies one by one which I got via the data retrieval rule to subsequent data retrieval rules for the associated fields to display the product names.

This is the logic I thought about. So, I need to pass the arguements dynamically. Is it possible to achieve? Is there any other alternate simple ways to achieve this?

I have customized at SQL end - instead of using a SQL query, I called a function by passing the appropriate arguement and got the result

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: