Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete Job not owned by application development

I have 2 jobs that was recently moved to production tier. These 2 jobs are for debugging/test jobs and was not supposed to moved to production. Problem is in production I have only view (read) access and our administrator cannot see the jobs only I can see them in tidal. They can see the jobs in the transporter but not in tidal. How can our administrator delete the jobs please advise.

I have a screen shot on the attached file.

Thank you,
Warren

4 Replies 4

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Warren,

Work with your security team as a Super User/Admin with sufficient rights is required to temporarily grant you access to Delete Jobs in Production, impersonate you to delete the jobs, then restore original privileged rights.

Note: If you have a Developer security policy, then a Super User/Admin should assign you to a different security policy where it is very limited as far as access and the number of users, and modify that policy to Delete Jobs in Production, impersonate you to delete the jobs, then restore original privileged rights. It's a good practice not to migrate jobs into Pre-Prod or Production as an individual user.

BR,

Derrick Au

Thanks Derrick. I am assuming that the tidal administrators as a super user/admin they have all have the access to the jobs right?

Even as a Super User/admin they may not be able to view/access the jobs.

1. Super User/admin must be a part of the workgroup where the job resides

2. Super User/admin must impersonate the owner in order to view/access owner jobs

With that said, it would be prudent of Super User/admin to temporarily modify your security policy with very limited access AND the ability to delete job from Production. Once job deletion is completed, then Super User/admin should restore your original privileged rights.

BR,

Derrick Au

right our admin even they are super user they can't see those jobs not owned by them. it should be that the admin be able to see it right because they are super user or has admin privileges?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: