Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Grouping of JavaScripts

Enable Grouping of JavaScripts

We have a list of over 500  javascripts, some of which are used exclusively for services in specific service groups while others are shared across multiple service groups.

We would like the ability to organize these scripts into logical groups (similar to the dictionary group functionality) to make locating and managing the scripts easier.

5 Replies 5

At Dominion, we organized our javascript into 5-6 different library files. Each library file represents a functional area (eg. rcDominionCustomISF-CustomerAccount.js, rcDominionCustomISF-VoiceAndData.js, and then we have a general javascript library file for shared javascript across services, utilities, etc - rcDominionCustomISF.js). This seems to work well.

Yes, Tylor, you have interpreted my intent perfectly.... We have this huge list for a relatively small number of services and my concern is that it's only going to be more challenging to manage as our number of services grow.

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

I think that Pamela is referring to the ScriptManager area section of ServiceDesigner where you have to define individual JavaScript functions in order to attach them to service forms and fields.  I totally agree with Pamela that all of the JavaScript "stubs" that refer to functions in the libraries are difficult to manage.  The same difficulty presents itself when attaching JavaScript functions to field events, it is time consuming to scroll through the huge list looking for the correct entry.

Allen Cecil
Level 1
Level 1

An enhancement request was opened with Newscale for this back in June 2008. The enhancement request was #18363

Brandy DeMarco
Level 1
Level 1

As we have started adding more and more scripts (we currently have one service that has more than 10 scripts associated to it) I agree, it would be a nice feature to be able to group the scripts to keep track of them.