cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Host key exchange error in SFTP job

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Setting up a new schedule which will have an SFTP job picking up from a remote site and I@m seeing an error:

Error : The host signature is invalid or the host key was not accepted!

Agent config file contains the option "SSLVLDCRT=N". The job, simply a directory listing at this stage, is configured to use a username and password rather than an SSH key.

If I run a manual SFTP session to the remote site from the same box running agent everything works fine.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Joe

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide more information, what is this device ? what kind of SFTP Server.

When are  you getting this error, when you  copy from Cisco device to SFTP, ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Its a basic TIDAL SFTP job. The agent (v3.1.0.25) is running on a solaris machine talking to an external client. There is a high probability that the issue is a mismatch between the sftp calls inside the agent and the sftp server at the remote end. I don't have info on the remote end in terms of what server software they are using. For obvious security reasons such things tend to be kept hidden.

What I'm trying to work out is why the basic sftp server inside solaris works ok but when we run the same operation through TIDAL it fails.