cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How are other companies provisioning directory access services?

Ver - 2008.3 SP7

JBOSS/SQL

How are other companies designing forms to provision directory access through windows folder structure? Note: These folders are permissioned through active directory. Has anyone successfully dynamically built a dropdown (or several) to search/navigate the folder structure? I would like for requestors to be able to select the directory VS filling out a text box.

Thanks,

Angelo

1 Reply 1

Ant Erickson
Level 1
Level 1

-- 3rd time I've submitted, the forum seems to hate my submissions and just sits there turning over --

Hi Angelo,

We've been dreaming about this for a long time but haven't prioritised it high enough to address it yet.  We were thinking of having an external application written that could be launched from a button/pop-up on the order form.  That would present the interface to the customer to browse the shares and would do the heavy lifting of working out who the security group/owner of the folder is and thus who needs to approve.

When a customer clicks on it, it could use a parent window call back to RequestCenter to populate the fields the system needs to route authorisations (and also show the authoriser what is being requested) and then the requisition can be submitted to execute the workflow.  The reason we were thinking of that way is that .NET may interact with windows shares are touch more nicely than RequestCenters javascript and data retrieval rules.

I'd love to hear how you go - If we decide to address this in the immediate future I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers,

Ant

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: