cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to delay event trigger by 10 to 15 mins in TES.

phardage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a requirement where I would like to get notified when a job hasn't started running even after 15 mins from it's start time.

If the job is not in active or completed status even after 15 mins, then would like an event triggered to notify team.

The existing event triggers are not helpful. Please suggest.

6 Replies 6

Dave.Carnahan
Level 1
Level 1

'when a job hasn't started running even after 15 mins from it's start time' -

I think I know what your words say, but need to have you confirm -

------

Are you saying the Tidal job 'status' doesn't turn from -

1. Scheduled, to
  2. Launched, to
  3. Waiting on Resources, to
  4. Active ?

So your job hangs at step 3 and doesn't get to step 4?

And you're wanting to know if the 'Waiting on Resources' exceeds a 15 minute threshold?

Or are you describing something else?

Also, is your Tidal environment running virtually? Running VMWare or something else?

Thanks-

Also, your title of this issue may want to change to reflect what you're really asking help for.

It's one thing to delay a job from executing (which is what I got from reading your title to this),

and another question to ask -

why your job is delaying from executing (which is what I read from the detail) - and how to trap for this delay and notify you that its delayed.

Thanks-

Hi Dave,

Have corrected the title to be more specific based on the requirement described below.

If a job is scheduled to run between 4 pm and 5 pm, and if the job hasn't started or not in active status or completed even after 15 mins i.e. at 4:15 pm, then would like an event to be triggered to notify a team.

Please suggest if there is a different way of implementation.

Thanks

Pavan.

When creating Job Events, click on the pull down list to view a list of all the events Tidal can trap for. I'm sure one or two will help you.

As you build in more triggers to a job, those triggers are fired sequentially from the top to the bottom where appropriate for the event its listening to/for.

If a job is delayed (or doesn't get started or even finished) in 15 minutes fire a trigger to send an email to us.

Step #1, Create the email notifier object (or Job Action / Email)

Step #2, Create an event trigger to send the email (created in Step #1 or Job Event)

Step #3, Set the Maximum duration value to 15 minutes in the Job Definition / Run tab

Step #4, Add the event trigger defined in Step #2 to the Job Group in Job Definition / Job Events tab

See the attached print-screen for examples of above

Choosing "Job running longer than maximum time" event trigger doesn't help here.

Because, even at 15th min, if the job is in Active status, then this trigger/action is invalid and confusing too.

At the end of 15 mins, if the job is not Active or Completed, then we need a notification to be sent !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: