cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to ennable/disable a field or check the status of a field

Miriam Rubin
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to ennable/ disable a field, and check if a field is ennabled or disabled. Does anyone know the methods for this?

4 Replies 4

Both Enable and Disable are available field actions when configuring a Conditional Rule. Also, when configuring the conditions for a Conditional Rule, you can check whether a particular field exists on the form, or is hidden, visible, etc.

Miriam Rubin
Level 1
Level 1

what is the context? serviceForm.dictionaryName.fieldName.?????

I'd like to know.

Also is there a way of knowing if a field is set as hidden or mandatory in the DISPLAY tab or if it was configured that way in a conditional rule? My understanding is that if a field is set as hidden/read only etc, it cannot be changed in a conditional rule; therefore can i assume the attributes of a field that is hidden permanently differs from a field that is set to hidden in a conditional rule?

thanks.

Hi Miriam,

Good news here. The specific syntax for each of our ISF functions is in the Active Form Components Guide in Chapter 3: ISF Application Programming Interface (API). There are some things that one can do with Conditional Rules which cannot be done with ISF and visa versa -- I have attached a PDF which provides a side-by-side comparison:

You are correct that behaviors which are set in display properties cannot be modified using either conditional rules or javascript.

Chris Morris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I had a problem where dropdowns that were populated from the Standards Table wouldn't allow me to set them as Read-Only.  Doing this allowed me to automate some other dropdowns and reuse the form over several services, so there was actually a reason for this.

Anyway, I used this to force the dropdown to Read-Only after it was populated, since Javascript runs after the Conditional Rules.

JS_Z_SetReadOnly (theobject){
 var myselect=document.getElementById(theobject);
 myselect.disabled = 1;
}

What I passed to it was the FormName.DictionaryFieldName in single quotes - 'CMN_Chargeback.OfficeNumber'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: