cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to place all tidal jobs in maintenance mode during maintenance activities ?

chris.mathews1
Level 1
Level 1

Our work place has maintennace and network activities every weekend causes our jobs to time out. Whats a good way in tidal to place al of tidal in maintenneaca mode so that any job thats scheduled to run can run right after the maintenenace activity..

6 Replies 6

The outages tab on the Connections definition while defining an agent or adapter connection should help It allows you to add, edit, and delete an agent or adapter outage.

Thanks. So we have over three hundered servers. We have to set this up individually on each server ? Also if we do that will the job pick back the job that was missed during the missed time period or just continue with the next job at the time when maintenance is over ?

Is there a master setup htat just allows you to set it in maintenance mode for the entire queue during the maintenance window ?  

To stop everything you can go to the Queues screen and set System Queue Limit to 0.  I'm not aware of a way to schedule this in advance as described by Dinesh for agents and adapters.

On similar lines, you may want to explore the use of Resources and Queues(specific to the set of servers). 

When required, update the queue value or resource value to zero, for the jobs to wait

I haven't tried it myself, so request you to test first

if all the servers are involved, you can try putting system queue to zero, and for any specific server, you can try outage. 

You can also click on Activities - Pause Job Launching.  This will let the jobs that are active finish but will stop jobs from running. 

then you can set the System Queue to 0. Now you are double certain that no jobs will start, and jobs are still scheduled run.

When done, set system queue to you default, then goto Actions - Resume Job Launching.  

should be all set.