cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to use system and job variables to make the information dynamic in the Email Subject Line

Binu_Cherian
Beginner
Beginner

Someone could mention the subject line character limitation needs to be expanded. 50 chars is not much to work with! 

Is it possible to make SUBJECT Line to make , use system and job variables to make the information dynamic , Right now there is a limit for Characters in the Subject line ... is it possible to expand ???  
1 Reply 1

SimonOzzy
Beginner
Beginner

I've encountered the same issue and worked around it by using generic variables that would always be the same for a certain email alert. eg =  "System XYZ -source file delay for :"

So a sample subject would then be: 

()

Where ENV = DEV/UAT etc.

This functionality allows you to use generic alert templates for all filewait jobs, and just filling in the variables.

A slight problem is that although this works very well, the use of group variables in email / alert actions is (/ wasn't) officially supported by Cisco when I last ran it past then. Cisco, any update in this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers