cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to UPDATE "DirPersonExt" using ISF?

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to UPDATE "DirPersonExt" using ISF?

RC2008.3
Oracle 10g
Websphere 6.1
IE6 & IE7

Hi:

Does anyone know if its possible to update the table "DirPersonExt" using javascript?
I know that we can pull the default values and populate the form, but if the person corrects the missing information on a service, we shouild be able to update their information (even if its missing in LDAP)...

Our philisophy is, if they fill it out once, dont make them do it again...

Thank you

Daniel
Safeway INC.

6 Replies 6

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

keep in mind if it comes from LDAP it will be most likely overwritten again, unless you specifically tell it not to

You should be able to run an UPDATE statement into the DB onsubmit, if not run a DB update agent as first task in the workflow

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

You'll need to send the data that you capture back to your internal directory so that it's available to LDAP the next time it's requested. 

However, putting that type of integration on every service that collects data that should be in your internal directory may be a bit daunting.

From the newscale Technical Services team:

We do not recommend using an update query. While it is possible to update DirPersonExt, the data will be overwritten the next time a user logs in. 

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

I think we all agree on not doing it.

Re:Our philisophy is, if they fill it out once, dont make them do it again...

Our philisophy: Provide a link in the field description to the source of the data, have the user update it there, so all applications can inherit the correct data.

eg: If this contact phone number is incorrect or missing, update the

We advise against 'touching' the database directly via DB scripts (unless these scripts are provided in a bug fix/service pack or otherwise provided by NCC).

I do see the value of capturing user changes on the fly (it should be that easy to the user, but I think we all understand the technical complexity).  However, the LDAP directory is the source of record and all changes should occur there.

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you ALL for the input.
MY QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED...

I agree that we should not be doing direct updates to either LDAP or RequestCenter.

Thank you again
Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: