Views
Helpful
Replies

Job schedule

sakshirajawat
Level 1
Level 1

Need Confirmation on this !!

I want one job to run twice daily at 9AM and 1PM. Am I maintaing the correct schedule as per the attached screenshot.

Will it matter if I remove 01:00 PM under time specification and just mention 'repeat job in 240 mins upto 2 times' ??

Is it compulsory to provide the 'estimated duration' under Run tab , because until the job runs for the first time how would one estimate the time it takes to complete ??

6 Replies 6

sakshirajawat
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions please....??

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

With an end time of 1pm specified, I don't think the second instance will run because it will be scheduled to start at 1pm and also end at 1pm.

I you specify repeat up to 2 times with no end time, I believe that will cause it to run three times.  I'd remove the end time and specify repeat up to 1 times.

Good luck.

Under Tidal online help, I read this-"

For example, if a job’s time window begins at 12:00 PM, and the job is defined to run  every hour up to 4 times, the job

runs at 12:00 PM, 1:00PM, 2:00PM and 3:00PM."

According to this, if I mention repeat upto 2 times than the job would end up running 2 times only, not three.

I am confused here. please guide.

All I can suggest is to give it a try, perhaps with a test job, to see which is correct.

Repeat assumes the job already ran 1 time prior.  So repeat 1 would mean job will run 1 time + repeat 1 time = run two times total.  If you say no repeat that means job will only run once and NOT repeat.

Don't know how but I kept it like, repeat in 240 minutes and 2 times..and when I checkd the next day schedule it showed me 2 runs only, not 3.