cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jobs hung in launched status

Bruce Jones
Level 1
Level 1

What would cause jobs to hang in launched status.  Had this issue this morning,  logs didn't show any errors.  Unix admin stopped and started the agent and all is working again.   Currently on Tidal 6.2   agent is 3.0.1.09

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For one thing that is a fairly old agent version. The problem is usually insufficient memory assigned to the agent at startup. You might want to add something like

minmem=512
maxmem=1024

to your tagent.ini file.

View solution in original post

I see the ini, will try that, thanks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For one thing that is a fairly old agent version. The problem is usually insufficient memory assigned to the agent at startup. You might want to add something like

minmem=512
maxmem=1024

to your tagent.ini file.

Joe,  thanks for the information,  yes it is an old agent, we are in the process is installing the newest agents on the servers as part of a migration to new Linux servers.   I will pass the information along to the Unix/Linux team about adding the minmem and maxmem to the ini file.

Thanks

Hi Joe, 

We have seen this issue many times over the years, on Windows as well as Unix agents.  For Windows, would we just add these values to the Parameters field in agent service configuration?

Thanks

I believe they should work adding them to the tagent.ini file the same as on unix.

I see the ini, will try that, thanks.