Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCAK - Create POD for newly added Platform element

Hi,

I am trying to create POD for newly maintained platform element ( ex: HyperV ).

Data captured in POD :

PODName :

Plotform Element Type : vcenter / vcloud director / ec2 / openstack /etc

Virtualization Manager : (respective VM Mangers)

Problem : I wanted to add HyperV as one of the Platform Element Type in Create POD form ( in Plotform Element Type dropdown )

Analyzed : Looked at 'Create POD' service and respective Active Forms, but could not see any form elements related to 'Flotform Elements' / 'Virtualization Manager'

Could anybody help in pointing where to manage these elements.

Thanks,

Siva

3 Replies 3

derevan
Level 4
Level 4

Are you following the newly published guide for extending the Multi-Cloud accelerator kit?

I'm not clear on what you are asking. Are you saying your new platform does not appear in the Platform Element Type selection or that your Hyper-V connection is not showing up in the Virtualization Manager selection?

Hi Derek,

For all MCAK platform elements (OpenStack, EC2, etc), it shows up properly.

For newly created platform -Hyper, we are able to select Hyper-V as platform element in 'Platform Element Type' dropdown ( Pulling date from SI : Cloud Platform Elements ).

Next step, we need to select respective Virtualization manager from dropdown.

I would like to know where we map Platform Element Type and respective Virtualization Managers, so that we can pull Virtualization Mangers in next dropdown.

Thanks,

Siva

See page 73 of the extension guide. There is a rule called "Get Platform Elements" that you will need for your HyperV POD active form component.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: