Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate Jobs from 5.3 to 6.1

Hi,

We got to know Transporter can migrate jobs from one instance to another.

We installed Transporter 6.1 and successfully connected to 6.1 instance, but how to connect to 5.3?

What is the connection details should we give in the Transporter? Cant see any HTTP in 5.3

18 Replies 18

John Laird
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Transporter CANNOT transport using mismatched versions. The source and destination versions must be the same version as the Transporter version.

Examples:

If you are using 6.1 Transporter, you can only transport to and from TES 6.1 environments. If using 5.3.1 Transporter, you can only transport to and from TES 5.3.1 environments.

John

Tidal TAC

Hi John,

Is there any other tool to migrate jobs from TES 5.3.1 environment to TES 6.1?

Thanks,

Lam

The upgrade itself will upgrade them all from 5.3.1 to 6.1 so there is no other tool to migrate jobs from 5.3.1 to 6.1.

John

Tidal TAC

Hi John,

We installed 6.1 into a new host and would like to copy the jobs from old instance 5.3.1 over.

Thanks,

Lam

You can have the TES 6.1 application server on a new server. You will just need to point to the 5.3.1 database to upgrade it from 5.3.1 to 6.1. using the latest 6.1 upd.xml.

John

Tidal TAC

Thanks John.

Problem is we not using same servers to install/upgrade Tidal.

We using whole new 3 Linux servers (Database, Master & Client manager) for 6.1.

At the moment 5.3.1 is and 6.1 is up and running in different enviroments (servers).

Can we copy Tidal database schema from 5.3.1 into 6.1 database and re-install 6.1?

Would that upgrade exsisting Jobs?

Nilaksha.

Hey Nilaksha,

The best way to do it is to install the master as you already have, make sure that the latest upd.xml from your hotfix is in master/config/ , then edit the master/config/master.props file to point to the new database that you have copied from your 5.3.1 installation.

Before starting the master pointed to the new copy of your 5.3.1 database, run this command on the new copy of the database. It will set your system queue to zero so that no jobs run. If your 5.3.1 and 6.1 environments are running the same jobs at the same time are both active, you're going to run into issues.

UPDATE quemst SET quemst_limit = 0 WHERE (quemst_id = 1);

Next, start up the master and watch master/logs/scheduler.out as the database is upgraded.

Was going to add that once you start the master (if there is something in the schedule) the events will continue to fire even if queue is set to zero . Like timeouts events etc.  I guess pausing scheduler may disable firing of events - but you cannot test a few jobs with scheduler paused.

Also keep in mind the deluge of jobs that will fire as soon as you release the system queue.  So maybe best to also create a admin only queue that you can release while leaving the other queues dammed up, so that you can atleast sanity test on a controlled basis prior to releasing all queues and all hell breaks loose   We don't have a lot of granularity in our queue so I had to do this, you may already have good queue controls in place.

> the events will continue to fire even if queue is set to zero

I did not think of that. Very good to know. I'm wondering if there's a safe way to disable all events.

Yeah, learned that the hard way when I was practicing on a copy of PRD, all my agents, jobs were disabled and queue = 0 but emails started getting sent that looked like it came from our real PRD.  For my final practice pass I will delete all existing schedules as well (obviously not for the real go live...maybe...)

Hi Max,

We had tried your method.

But hitting some issue with login in CM.

It dose not allow to login after upgrade.

Is there a way to reset users?

01/09 22:01:34:458[108:btpool0-6]: (mem=2882218912/3585081344) ClientManagerServiceImpl: com.tidalsoft.webclient.framework.server.util.DataRequestException:

ERROR:UNAUTHORIZED

at com.tidalsoft.webclient.framework.server.util.ReflectionUtils.feedToCollection(Unknown Source)

at com.tidalsoft.webclient.framework.server.ClientManagerServiceImpl.executeRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.tidalsoft.webclient.framework.server.ClientManagerServiceImpl.getList(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor804.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:569)

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208)

at com.tidalsoft.webclient.framework.server.ClientManagerServiceImpl.processCall(Unknown Source)

at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)

LoginModule: Please verify uer name and password.  Credential cannot connect to ActiveDirector

y[xxxxxxx] javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityConte

xt error, data 52e, v1db1

You'll need to open a TAC support case for that one. It could be that you didn't apply the hotfix, there was corruption in the database backup, a few things. It could be a quick fix, but it's too hard to say without getting more involved.

Thanks Max, yes we are waiting to hear back from cisco support.

We applied "6.1.0.425.0" patch, hope its the latest.

Thanks for the advice.

Nilaksha.

Nilaksha, Were you able to get this issue resolved with Cisco support?  I am running into a similar issue after upgrading the database from 5.3.1 to 6.1.0.  I am working with Cisco support but was wondering if you were able to get this fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: