cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Translation

Ye Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

The translation to a system Instruction Text "Required: Please fill out this filed before submitting" is missing.  If a field is not mandatory by default and is set to mandatory thru rules, when trying to submit a requst without filling the filed, the help text is not translated to the language that is set in the user profile see below screen shot for an example.   Any help to resolve the issue is greatly appreciated.

DEtran.png

7 Replies 7

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ye,

Could you please reach out to TAC for this? Are you seeing this in Service Manager or My Services?

Thanks,
Max.

Hi Max, case#628048343 was created before I opened the discussion here.  While waiting for response from TAC, I was trying to see if there is a quick solution.  DE seems to be the only translation that is missing, which happens to be the major rollout country.

Hi Ye,

You may also want to check out the document I just posted to the Document Folder:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-37957 about customizing display strings in the service catalog.  However, the tip described in this document only allows you to override it in the base language (i.e. English) for every user.  If you use this tip to set a language string into German string, every user will see the string in German. 

I suspect this tip does not work for you. If that's true, please work with TAC to find a resolution.

Hi Song,

as you suspected the product string customization tip won't help the issue as we can't change the base language from English to German. I did find out the string ID # 11766, but where is the DE translation stored?

Hi Ye,

The product resource strings are stored in

C:\CiscoPrimeServiceCatalog\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\RequestCenterServer\deployments\RequestCenter.war\WEB-INF\lib\newscale_res.jar.

The better way to solve this problem is actually for you to provide

1. Your Prime Service Catalog version
  2. String ID that you need to add DE translation for - 11766
  3. German translation of the string.  In this case it would be the German version of "Required: Please fill out this filed before submitting"

Could you provide the information above?  We can create an updated jar file that contains the DE string. 

When we productize the Localization Tool, you would be able to add or edit language strings without involving TAC or posting to this forum. 

Hi Song,

thanks so much for the information.

We are still at V9.1 SP3 and waiting for 10.1 release. The string id is 11766 and the German translation is

Hi Ye,

We will roll this string into the patch release for 9.3.2 in Jan/Feb timeframe.  Once incorporated, the string will be available in future releases as well, including 10.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: