cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Tidal Scheduling Assistance Please

Justin Iler
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to Tidal. I have several jobs scheduled and everything is working fine.

However, I would like to set one of my new jobs up to run the 14th of every month and I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this. I see scheduling options for the beginning and end of each month but I need it to be in the middle or just the 14th of every month.

Can someone let me know how to accomplish this in Tidal?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rami_rgare
Level 1
Level 1

it depends if your requirement needs that 14th day to be a workday(business day) or any day regardless of holiday, weekened,etc..

but assuming your requirement is the 14th of each motnh regardless then  you need to create a custome calendar for this;

Create a Calendar (Type: Monthly_Days), select all months or any months that meet your business requirement and then select the 14th day .. give your calendar a descriptive name and then assign it to your job(s).

good luck.

rami....

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rami_rgare
Level 1
Level 1

it depends if your requirement needs that 14th day to be a workday(business day) or any day regardless of holiday, weekened,etc..

but assuming your requirement is the 14th of each motnh regardless then  you need to create a custome calendar for this;

Create a Calendar (Type: Monthly_Days), select all months or any months that meet your business requirement and then select the 14th day .. give your calendar a descriptive name and then assign it to your job(s).

good luck.

rami....

Duh. I should have seen the ability to create your own custom calendars. I was able to create and assign my calendar to my job. Sorry for the newbie question.

Steve Atwood
Level 1
Level 1

I'm fairly new to Tidal, and today when I was presented with a list of monthly jobs that ran on various days of the month, I thought of this thread and started wondering if I *really* needed to create 20 or so custom calendars..."2nd", "3rd", "4th"....."14th"....etc.

I do know that you can offset on calendars, so I'm wondering why I couldn't just use the "Month Begin" calendar, which has the 1st day of every month populated...and just use the offset?

The response to Justin's question -which he has marked as 'Correct' - says that he would "need to create a custom calendar for this" but is that really true?

Is there some (undocumented) reason that I cannot just offset 13 days from the "Month Begin" calendar to get this job scheduled to run on the 14th of every month (for example)?

I'm just wondering if there is some "gotcha" that us "newbies" wouldn't know about....is there an issue with the "offsets" feature?

Should we not use that feature, or am I missing something else here?

Using an offset should work as long as you don't care about holidays or weekends.

The problem I have with offsets is the only way to know a job uses an offset is to open the Job Definition.  When you look at Calendar column in the Job Definition or Job Activity view it only lists the calendar, not the offset.  This can be confusing if the Calendar is named "1st of Month", yet the job is in the calendar on the 7th.  I'd recommend you at least create a custom calendar such as "Offset from 1st of Month".  This way you are aware the job will not actually run on the 1st of the month.  Then use the custom calendar for all jobs that have offsets.

Thanks.

Tracy

Message was edited by: Tracy Donmoyer Changed the suggested name for the custom calendar from "1st of Month with Offset" to "Offset from 1st of Month" so if the display column is narrow it is still obvious this is an offset calendar.

Great, I'm glad to know that offsets work fine.

I'll agree that the only way to know that a job uses an offset *in the GUI* is to open the Job Definition, but we don't use the GUI for viewing job scheduling information so we have no concerns there....the report from a query we run includes an "offset" column so it's always clear how the job is scheduled on a calendar.

Thanks,

Steve