Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie to using Tidal Enterprise scheduler

Hi Team, Iam a newbie to using this tool and am in the process of evaluating it to understand if it can support some of my current challenges in Autosys which is 

• No easy way to generate Audit / SLA reports
  • Absence of Intelligent alerting system
  • Delayed start of jobs (Eg.Jobs scheduled for the 10th minute starts at 12th or 13th minute)
  • Delayed status updated (Job shows in ST or RU condition even if the process is already complete)

Can you please help me understand if all these issues can be solved using Tidal? 

Thanks,

Lavanya

3 Replies 3

BTS OPERATIONS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lavanya - Don't know if I am too late in responding.  I have a very little experience with Autosys and didn't like it.

You can generate reports that show what a particular person has manually performed in Tidal.  It isn't a canned report, but can be done.

Tidal definitely has an intelligent alerting system.  Alerts can be sent to the console, to email, to snmp.  They can be sent based on specific statuses of the job.  So if one day the job fails with 'error occurred' you could have it send an email.  If the job is rerun and fails with 'completed abnormally' you could have an snmp alert triggered.

As far as delayed start, I am guessing you mean that if the job is scheduled for the 10th minute, that it launches at the 10th minute.  Yes, Tidal does this once all of the dependencies are met.  (Dependencies in Tidal are the jobs running first in the stream, not the jobs following).

Statuses are reported quickly as well.  If there is a large amount of output that is being sent back to Tidal, you might see a delay.  It also depends on how often you have your client refresh the status.

Hope this helps,

Michelle

Lavanya

I agree with Michelle

• No easy way to generate Audit / SLA reports\
    • There is a separate product JAWS for this ... I wrote SQL queries for all my audit reports
  • Absence of Intelligent alerting system
    • As Michelle's says.... it can also perform self-remediation to some extent as well if you standardize on things like exit codes, re-run a number of times, trigger different workflows based on results, etc.
  • Delayed start of jobs (Eg.Jobs scheduled for the 10th minute starts at 12th or 13th minute)
    • in addition to Michelle, If dependencies are met and you still see a delay work with Cisco to performance tune... you could be under hardware requirements for what you are trying to do
  • Delayed status updated (Job shows in ST or RU condition even if the process is already complete)
    • in addition to Michelle, you still see GUI delays (master is working in background but Admiral and tescache databases need to synch) work with Cisco to performance tune... you could be under hardware requirements on CM and DB Server you also may need to externalize the database if you didn't go that route

Thank you Michelle..This helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: