cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portal 9.4 installation error - default schema must be dbo

midupont
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am installing Cisco Service Portal 9.4 and get the error "Database Prerequisites Test Failed - The default schema must be 'dbo' "

I verified SQL server and the RCUser has a default schema of dbo.  This is a fresh install of SQL server standard editon on a seperate server.  Where should I be looking for the default schema?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Michael,

i hope you defined RCUser as dbowner according to your 3rd image. " Database role membership for: "

same as Datamart.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

Please validate your user setup against Install Guide one more time, it has to match the requirements.

Portal server is running Windows 2008 R2 with SP1.  The web server (IIS) role is installed and all most recent Microsoft updates are also installed.  the portal server will be both the web server and the application server.

-All JBOSS startup parameters were modified and JBOSS users were created.  JBOSS configuration was done successfully.

-I am able to browse to http://localhost:8080 and I see the "Welcome to AS 7" Jboss page

-I am able to browse to http://localhost and I see the IIS7 welcome screen

-Java 6 Update 35 JDK is installed

-the JAVA_HOME variable resolves to the installation folder of the JDK (C:\jdk1.6.0_35)

-the SQL server is running 2008 R2 with a version number of 10.50.2500

-only 1 instance of SQL is installed, it was left to the default and is called MSSQLSERVER

-The RequestCenter database succesfully changed to the ON snapshot mode while in single user mode and was retuned to multiuser mode.

-RCUser is the owner of the RequestCenter datanase nad has a default databse of RequestCenter

I am still getting the same error.  What else do I need to check?

Page 2-11,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/datacenter_mgmt/intel_auto/service_portal/v9_4_0/user_guides/CiscoServicePortal_9_4_0_InstallationGuide.pdf

Configuring Microsoft SQL Server

If you choose to use Microsoft SQL Server for your databases, follow the instructions in this section to

prepare the SQL Server, and to create two databases: RequestCenter and Datamart.

Default Instance

The SQL Server must be set up as a Default Instance. Named Instance SQL Server is not supported.

Mixed-Mode Authentication

The SQL Server must be configured to allow mixed-mode authentication.

Creating RequestCenter Database and User

Step 1 Create a database named RequestCenter in the Default Instance of SQL Server, with initial size of 500

MB.

Step 2 Put the RequestCenter database in single-user mode, and execute the following command:

ALTER DATABASE RequestCenter SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON.

Step 3 Put the RequestCenter database back in multi-user mode.

Step 4 Create a SQL Server Login named RCUser, with the Default Database property set to “RequestCenter”.

Note RCUser must be a SQL Server login account that authenticates to the SQL Server using SQL

Server authentication method, and not Windows authentication method.

Step 5 Ensure that the “Enforce Password Policy” option is unchecked in the Security setting properties for

RCUser. Furthermore, the password for RCUser should be a combination of letters (either upper or

lowercase) and numbers. Do not use any special characters like underlines, asterisks, brackets, and so

on. Some combinations of these special characters could cause the installer to fail at product installation

time with a “Database Connection Test failed” error message.

Step 6 Assign this RCUser to be the db_owner of the “RequestCenter” database. Verify your setting to ensure

that a) the user name “RCUser” in the RequestCenter database is mapped to the login name “RCUser”

in the SQL Server, b) the default schema is “dbo”, c) the user name “RCUser” has the “db_owner”

database role membership.

Creating Datamart Database and User

Step 1 Create a database named Datamart in the Default Instance of SQL Server, with initial size of 500 MB.

Step 2 Create a SQL Server Login named DMUser, with the Default Database property set to “Datamart”.

Note DMUser must be a SQL Server login account that authenticates to the SQL Server using SQL

Server authentication method, and not Windows authentication method.

I have done all this and then verified a second time as requested.  Are there any installation logs that can help me further understand the source of the error?

I am pretty sure you are still missing something in MS SQL user setup. Could you please open case with TAC and send them screenshot of your RCUser settings? You can post screenshot here as well.

Both passwords are set to: user123

Hello Michael,

i hope you defined RCUser as dbowner according to your 3rd image. " Database role membership for: "

same as Datamart.

Yes I did, my screen shot did not have the database selected.  Here is the same screen shot but with the database selected.

The answer to the issue is shown in this screen shot:

SQL does not allow the RCUser to be the dbowner using the settings above so I changed it to sa:

Hello Michael,

So, did you check the db_owner role membership for RequestCenter or not ?

If not then, how we can pass the database selection step in CCP 9.4 installtion ?

Because, i follwed the steps as you mentioned here, w/o selecting the db_owner role for RequestCenter then i got error

regarding to RequestCenter Database privilage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: