Helpful
Replies

reporting on deltas?

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

reporting on deltas?

Hi All,

we have a service that as been in use for a while. The service and the dictionaries were marked non-reportable

We decided to make the dictionaries and the services reportable. And we get data in th edatamart. However, only new data after the dictionary update is being reported on.

How do we report the transactions before the dictionary update. Is it possible?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Good news on this one. Please see last response in this discussion:

http://newscale-yes.groupswim.com/groups/reportingandanalytics/discussion/1011569

"That means the ETL does not really care when a dictionary is marked reportable.  As long as a dictionary is marked reportable at the time of t

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the feedback. Subbu fron nS sent me this:

ETL runs in incremental fashion, which means when ever you make dictionary is reportable , ETL is going pickup the dictionary/service data for the requisitions which were submitted after the dictionary/service been made reportable hence you will not see old data.

In order to get the old data, you have to re-set the LASTPROC

In my experience data for reportable dictionaries is only available for requests placed after the dictionary has been made reportable.  I believe it is related to the fact, that  like most things in the catalog, the ‘code’ for the request is set and locked at the time of submission.  For those services that have already been ordered prior to the dictionary being made reportable the code says not to migrate the date to the datamart.

There maybe a workaround newScale can suggest and I would b

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: