Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Plan not Updating

rruckley
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I've created a fairly simple service which creates a service item, calls a CPO process via service link then updates the service item upon completion.

Only the update isn't working. I can see the updated information in the request form but the service item never gets updated. The plan in the request says that the udpate step is executed but when I check the service item history, it only ever lists a create step.

Any clues on how to debug this? I don't really want to recreate the entire service from scratch but I really don't know where to start picking at it.

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

derevan
Level 4
Level 4

All service items have a reserved property called "ErrorDescription". You should include this in your service item based dictionary that you are using to create/update the service item. You can hide this on the form when Moment is Ordering and show it when Moment is Service Completed. After a SIT (service item task), this field will contain any error message related to updating the service item. For debugging, you might also want to show the Name field if you are not showing it already.

Common reasons it would fail:

1) No Name property was specified when creating the SI

2) Name property does not match an existing SI for update

3) One of the properties has an invalid value for the field (wrong type, too long, etc).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

derevan
Level 4
Level 4

All service items have a reserved property called "ErrorDescription". You should include this in your service item based dictionary that you are using to create/update the service item. You can hide this on the form when Moment is Ordering and show it when Moment is Service Completed. After a SIT (service item task), this field will contain any error message related to updating the service item. For debugging, you might also want to show the Name field if you are not showing it already.

Common reasons it would fail:

1) No Name property was specified when creating the SI

2) Name property does not match an existing SI for update

3) One of the properties has an invalid value for the field (wrong type, too long, etc).

Derek,

Thanks, that was very helpful. The error I get is:

"Database error occured while saving service item. Please check server log for more details"

Now I don't know which log file to look in.

As for the other suggestions, I'm generating a unique entry for the name field, as I've learnt that one the hard way! the Service Item is getting created just not updated. Database error sounds bad though.

Ryan

Derek,

Now that I've looked into it, it turns out the output from CPO was malformed and was exceeding the database field size. I was trying to squeeze 71 characters into 32.

I will fix up my orchestration to give the correct output and hopefully this fixes it.

I now know about the error field which is very handy.

Thanks.