Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP a file

5vrajasekaran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

When I try to transfer a file from a AIX server to another server n Tidal through SFTP I am getting the folllowing error

Error : The host signature is invalid or the host key was not accepted!

Whereas I can manually SFTP same file using SFTP commands from AIX server. 

Can someone help to fix this issue.

16 Replies 16

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi 5vrajasekaran

Please check here for a similar posting,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11684161/sftp-unix-agent-upgrade

BR,

Derrick Au

I don't think any upgradation of agents have been done in the recent,Old setups are working fine but am getting the error only for setup which are being created newly.

I suspect the difference is that you are manually trying from AIX server, but when run from Tidal, it is trying to do it from within Tidal master server's context

Is the certificate installed on Tidal master server ?

Hi Dinesh,

If certificate is not installed how come the files are getting transferred from the AIX server in the old jobs.

I am facing issues only in the jobs which am creating newly.

Well, you never mentioned that the issue is only with new jobs.

Do you have the SFTP log entries ?

Have you tried running SFTP commands in debug mode so you can see why the error is being shown ?

I haven't tried running SFTP commands in debug mode , can you let me know how to do it in Tidal so that I can share the error.

By default now am getting the following error in theTidal  job output

Error : The host signature is invalid or the host key was not accepted!

Can you please share the SFTP adapter log entries when the error happens ? Increase the log level on the adapter to get detailed log entries

PFA

Have you changed the log levels ?

Also, can you share the log entries for those old SFTP jobs that are still working ?

PFA

Old job running on this server are getting completed.

I have a query is it necessary to add the external IP of the server to the firewall settings of the destination host???

the new job log says that FTPS method not specified.

******* passphrase is blank.
FTPS method not specified. setting to EXPLICIT.

in your old job log it did not mentioned about FTPS. is your old FTP job using the protocol SFTP and your new job job is using FTPS?

I could find FTPS entry in both logs. In the old job, the timestamps are 20151129 14:03:50 and 20151129 16:07:11

The only difference I could find was the user name.

Have you tested network connectivity between the Tidal server and the external server ?

Hi,

You do need to be explicit about whether you are using SFTP or FTPS. It seems any given agent instance will not do both at the same time ie if you set the agent up for FTPS work then SFTP jobs will fail and vice-versa.

Over and above that there also seems to be a problem with FTPS jobs and certificate handling. The file transfer subsystem within TIDAL is not actually their own code so support for it has proven to be a little sketchy.

You might also try adding the cert into the certs DB for your java runtime environment using keytool.

try to rearrange the sftp advanced settings (Advanced button on the SFTP option region box) in this order:

AES
Blowfish
3DES
DES

on the authentication type use the user/password option

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: