cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stability on file dependency not working properly

ennaems25
Level 1
Level 1

We're running on Tidal 5.3.1 and for some reason the stability on file dependency is not working properly.

The job kicks off right away when it sees the file by passing the stable time set on the file dependency.

We're using nas share mounted on unix servers which is where the file will be monitored.

Anybody encountered this issue and know how to fix it?

MA

4 Replies 4

Lumi Mihalcea
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same problem so I created my own batch file on the Windows master to monitor the files on the unix server, we mapped a drive on the master. I haven't run into a problem yet doing it this way.

Lumi

Thanks Lumi but i'm looking for a more straight forward way of addressing this issue and easy to setup and support.

I'm not even sure why its not working or could be a bug on this version.

I had this setup before without any issue but was running on version 5.0.

MA

What are you master and agent versions?  Did you upgrade the agents before you upgraded the master and did the file dependency work with the old master and new agent?  Are the master and agent in the same time zones?  How long are you requiring the file to be stable?  Is the agent time in sync with the master (check the "Time Diff" column in the Connections)?  I'm not sure if Tidal uses the ctime or atime to determine file stability.  I'd check them all to see if any are not what you expect.

If it was working with a 5.0 master, but not now there may be some "residue" on the agent.  Set the agent job limit to zero and wait for all processes to complete.  Stop the agent process.  Confirm there are no rogue processes still running.  Delete the directory corresponding to the agent name in the /opt/TIDAL/Agent directory.  Start the agent (the directory will be rebuilt).  Reset the agent job limit.

Thanks Tracy.

Apologize for the confusion I was running 5.0 version from another company then move to a new one that uses 5.3.1.

Master version is 5.3.1.307 and agent version is  3.0.1.04 and yes the master and agent using the same time zone. I set the stable time for 3 and 5 mins.

On 5.3.1 version I used this file dependency stable for feature on a linux box but the files are residing on local drives and its working fine.

We've done the permissioning properly to see if it will make any difference but still no luck.

MA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: