cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Staff cannot create events or actions

rreadenour
Level 1
Level 1

We have Tidal setup in our Enterprise with several different agencies. Each agency's staff is in its own workgroup and there are two security policies for each agency. An 'admins' group and a 'users' group. The admins group should be allowed to create and modify the objects owned by their workgroup and the users group can mostly just view. 
The problem is that the admins cannot create an action or event.  I setup my own secondary ID to match their credentials and I get the same error.  The following is an excerpt from the error that is displayed.  The error indicates that the userid does not have the ability to add the record to public or modify the public setting.  Is there a place that I can change a setting to allow this?  I'm sure other organizations have similar setups but there's just a small thing I'm missing.  Thanks in advance.

exception:com.tidalsoft.webclient.tes.dsp.api.objects.SecurityPolicyException

reason:Error: User TestID [ID=24] did not authorize to access this EmailAction object to execute CreateObject operation.  Cannot make the record to public or modify the public setting.

description:Error: User TestID [ID=24] did not authorize to access this EmailAction object to execute CreateObject operation.  Cannot make the record to public or modify the public setting.

exception:com.tidalsoft.webclient.tes.dsp.api.objects.SecurityPolicyException

reason:Error: User TestID [ID=24] did not authorize to access this EmailAction object to execute CreateObject operation.  Cannot make the record to public or modify the public setting.
description:Error: User TestID [ID=24] did not authorize to access this EmailAction object to execute CreateObject operation.  Cannot make the record to public or modify the public setting.

4 Replies 4

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

In the Security Policy definition for your 'Admins' have you allowed Add and Edit rights for the Job Actions and Job Events?

Yes, I did grant them every option for Job events and actions in their security policy.

The part of the error that stands out is where it says "Cannot make the record to public or modify the public setting"

There is a public checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box while creating the job event. I thought that unchecking that box, so it would not be public for everyone, just for the creator's group, would allow the event to be created, but that did not work.  Still stumped.

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

You may need General ... add public data on the local security policy you are using in addition to tthe job events and job action settings

I am playing arround with using ad groups for use in granular permissions ... looks like there are a few quirks and you can get yourself into trouble... also seems to be a delay between changes and effectiveness that requires closing and reopening browser (assuming an IE compatible version)

rreadenour
Level 1
Level 1

ANSWER:

I ended up calling Cisco to get the answer to this problem.  It turns out to be a known problem and the answer was to download and install the TES Build 6.1.0.404 update. 

Thanks to everyone who replied.