Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TES 6.2.1.557 - Cyclic Job

I have a job that reruns every 5 minutes but if it completes abnormally the job stays in that status. In Tidal 5.3.1 this job would automatically reset itself and try rerunning in 5 minutes. I don't see anything different in the way the jobs are set up between the two environments. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue so that the job automatically resets.

4 Replies 4

jeff.hamway01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Frederick,

Are you stating that once the 1st failure happens, all other attempts automatically are noted as ' Completed Abnormally'?

snapshot your Schedule & Options tab  so we can take a peak.

Once the first try completes abnormally the job stays in that state. So no other runs are attempted unless we manually rerun the job. In Tidal 5.3 the job would automatically reset itself and rerun in 5 minutes. I have attached the Schedule and options tab.

In your master database run the following (I show it in MSSQL):

select * from sysval where sysval_id = 93

If it is set to 'Y' then jobs will only rerun on 'completed normally'. If it is set to 'N' then the jobs should rerun even if it completed abnormally.

Hey Mike,

Is your SQL update the same as going to the System Configuration/ OTHER tab and putting a check box on 'Allow Job Rerun on any completed Normally and Completed Abnormally States"?  just curious for my own information.  thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: