Views
Helpful
Replies

VDC in CIAC 3.1

otavio.augusto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

How does one create a VDC in Cisco IAC 3.1 ? It is under the options a user can request at the "Order Cloud Services" tab but when trying to request it, the network dropdow menus are empty. Why are those dropdown menus for the networks empty when trying to add a VDC but not empty when trying to create a shared zone (which , by the way, works perfectly) ?

Best regards

/O

Otavio Augusto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To designate a VDC as being assigned to an organization, the Organization Technical Administrator (of the given organization) will need to order the VDC. VDCs ordered by a CPTA belong to the Cloud Administration Organization. I understand Order on Behalf would be a nice feature here.

When ordering a VDC, the OTA describes the size and type of VDC to be provisioned. The CPTA approves and makes a placement decision by intercepting (via authorization) and answering the rest of the service form.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

otavio.augusto
Level 1
Level 1

Just figured out. Only user networks (non-community networks) are available at the dropdown menus.

Thank you

otavio.augusto
Level 1
Level 1

Another question on the same topic:

How do we designate a VDC to an organization unit ? I have a VDC created by the cloud provider tech admin but I don't know how to make it usable by an OU.

And why is the "create vdc" form  incomplete for organization tech admins? The "Add first Network to the VDC" session in the form is available for cloud provider tech admins but not for organization tech admins. Why is that ?

Thanks in advance

To designate a VDC as being assigned to an organization, the Organization Technical Administrator (of the given organization) will need to order the VDC. VDCs ordered by a CPTA belong to the Cloud Administration Organization. I understand Order on Behalf would be a nice feature here.

When ordering a VDC, the OTA describes the size and type of VDC to be provisioned. The CPTA approves and makes a placement decision by intercepting (via authorization) and answering the rest of the service form.

Thanks for your answer, Lee. It works as you described.

Another issue on the same topic:

Authorizations are enabled, email addresses are set for each queue and our smtp server is correctly set. What else do I have to do in order to receive the notifiction email regarding the auth process for the VDC request?

Right after the OTA user finishes his/her requisitions I see a new item at the Cloud Service Approval Administration queue and, as CPTA user, I can fill in the rest of the form and approve the OTA's requisition. I (as CPTA user) would like to be notified by email so that I could take care of the approval process.

Best regards

/O

Otavio Augusto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: