Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete an Intersight demo account

ataylor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is any way to create a demo Intersight account associated with my CCO ID?

I have a production Intersight account and created a separate one for a dCloud demo, now can't delete the second/demo account.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

5 Replies 5

eminchen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to send feedback through a form requesting account deletion 

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For reference

If user has "Account Administrator" role,  then he /she can delete the desired Intersight accounts via API

1. Login to Intersight Account that needs to be deleted.
  2. Note down the Account ID
  3. Open web browser tab for API docs and use DELETE API with Account ID

https://intersight.com/apidocs/iamAccountsMoid/model/

4. Logout from the Intersight account and verify the Intersight account is not listed under Cisco / User account

To know Intersight Account ID

isight-ID.PNG

Hi @padramas ,

Could you be a lttle more specific about the step "use DELETE API" - i.e. what are the exact steps required to delete an account?  I get the feeling there will be more than one or two.  The link you gave is no help to an ordinary user.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hello,

the link refers to UI API client and after obtaining your Account ID ( moid ) , you can delete the account via API

Please be aware of implications before you perform the account deletion operation,

Deleting the account will delete all elements associated to the account. (meaning associated profiles will be deleted ) 

I would suggest cleaning up the account and then delete Intersight Account 

account-deletion.png

alirafaleiro
Level 1
Level 1

Do the following:

1. Login to the Intersight Account that needs to be deleted, and note down the Account ID.
2. Use the DELETE with Account ID API, accessible at Intersight API Reference, to delete the Account.
3. To verify, logout from the Intersight account and ensure it is not listed under a Cisco or User account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: