cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All traffic service policy inspection broken in ASDM 7.8.2?

With ASDM 7.8.2 151 and ASA 9.8.2-8 it does not appear to be possible to create a service policy inspection rule that uses "all traffic" and the Firepower module.

With zero other rules, if I add a new service policy rule, choose global, then choose "any traffic" for the traffic match criteria, then click next and try to choose the ASA Firepower Inspection tab, I get a pop up window "you have specified default inspection as the traffic match criterion. Only inspect rule actions can be specified for the default inspection traffic." and cannot proceed.  If I choose default inspection traffic and move forward, I can choose the ASA Firepower Inspection tab and enable firepower inspection.

Am I missing something?

2 Accepted Solutions
9 Replies 9

Yeah, that bug looks like it exactly.  I wonder what kind of unit testing Cisco is using for these releases when basic mission critical functions like "tell the ASA to use the firepower module to inspect traffic" and "actually open the log window when I click the button to open the log window" are broken and it is still released to customers.

I'm having the exact issue.  I went to enable netflow and was presented with this error message.

hey, you know, as long as you pay them for pruducts/services everything is OK

Yeah that fixed it, and in exchange on the device dashboard it no longer renders the digits for the number of clientless and anyconnect clients connected.  Awesome QC there Cisco.

Yes I noticed that new bug as well.

They do show up in the Monitoring tab - just not on the ASDM home page.

Hi,

I installed ASDM 7.9(2) the issue is resolved i can now navigate and changes parameters Rule Actions -> in all tab QOS, Connection Settings, NetFlow, ...

Thanks

Thank you Mikael, that saved my day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card